Friday, August 7, 2020

LTG milestone!

 I finally finished all of the LTG blocks.  I need to audition for sashing fabric and, hopefully, have something on hand that will work.  I honestly don't have a vision for what I'm looking for.  The piecing has been uncharacteristically blended and I like that look for this quilt.  I tend to gravitate towards high contrast but it doesn't seem like a good choice with my blocks.  We will see.

I got the bear's paw back from the quilter.  This is my no-basement set up.  No frills, as you can see, and I had to wait until the outside temperatures went below 110 so it was bearable to work outside.


Here is a full shot so you can find your blocks.  :-)  I am pretty sure I have a couple in my orphan block box too.  I bound it with a batik because it was a good color/value but you know that adds an extra amount of fun to that process.

Our neighbor posted this photo of a turkey vulture that was lingering just beyond the property lines.  Things that make you go hmmmm.

I'm still collecting more uplifting sunset shots to counteract vultures.


2 comments:

  1. Good to see a new post. I have the pineapples and the checkerboards left to do but after the rest of that crap it won't seem like much.
    The bear's paw looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Kathy,it is good to see a new post. I keep checking all the time as blog posts are a way to make some connection during this time of social distancing/isolation.
    I like your Bear Paw quilt;The on point setting is a good example of "not every quilt needs a border".

    ReplyDelete