Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Moving on

My mask making group has essentially stopped now that health care facilities are no longer placing requests.  Typical requests were for batches of 100-300 masks.  I think the last totals I saw for the group were over 6,000 delivered.  The group can be proud of those efforts and I hope it is an encouraging sign that our healthcare workers are getting the equipment they need and/or patient intake is slowing.  It all ended fairly suddenly but I was able to send my last batch of 100ish to the Navajo Nation.  I am a big fan of the USPS Click and Ship processes that mean I don't have to leave home to mail things.

I am working through the online mystery I mentioned last time.  Join in if you want a very low key distraction that will result in a lap size quilt. https://www.thequiltersmarket.com/blog/  Here are my fabrics from the charity stash. I have always loved the Merry and Bright line and the white on white is so lovely.  Usually white is boring but this one is designed by Jim Shore and has a beautiful pattern.



I have also been working on my Farm Girl Vintage blocks. I think I have three more to piece. I may keep a Jan Box (registered trademark goes to Mrs. O). of the fabrics I used because I really like all of them and could see doing future projects based on them.  The more recent blocks I did are much softer contrast so I'll have to see how they mix with the others. This is one of my recent favorites.  It is not pressed yet but you get the idea.



We have been going in the pool a lot after I finish my work day.  The evenings go by so fast.  The number of Zoom meetings after work has increased but it is not exactly a hectic schedule.  My employer pushed out the date when 42k of us would be able to come in to an office (at the earliest) to September 1 so that has calmed a lot of my teammates, as evidenced in all of the Zoom Happy Hour meetings I am invited to.  We just keep clearing away all of the little challenges to isolation.  Basketball will continue to offer virtual practices.  Baseball season was cancelled a couple of weeks ago.  We worked out an alternate plan for a school text book/yearbook exchange that doesn't involve the collective parade through the gym and cafeteria (uh, no).  We are figuring things out and enjoying the simpler schedule.



1 comment:

  1. It's good to see you posting and that things are moving forward for now.

    ReplyDelete