Monday, April 17, 2023

Plan B and C

Well, I had good intentions but Friday was kind of a rescheduling mess.  We have been working for weeks to get a contract signed to remodel our bathroom after a destructive leak.  We ended up needing to go to the tile store once again on Friday plus the local quilt shop had to cancel the Friday night get together.  The two hand projects I intended to work on are a bit of a slog so I guess I should just look ahead.

I worked on my Bonnie Hunter leader/ender blocks.  I believe I have 50 blocks now. I'm still not sure if it will be one or more quilts since one of the goals was to use up some of the medium to large batik scraps. Here are a few blocks together to give you an idea.






I also bound the smallest community service quilt using a slightly different process.  It still resulted in a bit of a wave.  I attached the binding to another one but, unfortunately, attached the binding to the front so I'll probably hand tack that one. That won't be a great test of the new steps but it will get finished.  The next two to be bound both use the same pattern so I'm working on those as a pair.  I thought my big table that I store in the garage would be away this week for a neighbor's party but, since that was cancelled, maybe I'll set that up and see if it helps with all of the squaring and measuring.

I cracked open the BOM that will become my new retreat project.  I made a fabric swatch chart and I'm formulating a plan to break it down and do some kitting/precutting to make it more portable.  The instructions do a lot of oversizing and squaring but I plan to use triangle paper and other techniques for some of the units.



No comments:

Post a Comment