Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Amishland Retreat January 2024

 I had a great time at the retreat in January.  It's always rejuvenating to spend time with the Divas, sewing and laughing.

I spent most of my time assembling tops from blocks that I made prior to this trip, mostly at previous retreats.

Ombre Gems by V & Co.



Bonnie Hunter's 2022 Leader and Ender Challenge from batik scraps


Modern Quilt Studio's Modern Mystery Quiltalong Summer Camp 2023


A few of us did a Jelly Roll race.  Jan was the winner, far and away.  I made one from novelty strips and scraps.  This will likely get cut into pieces for one or more charity quilts.


I also made progress on sewoffs from the Scrap Quilts Knockoff quilt I've been working on.  I hope to have those blocks ready to assemble at the next retreat.

The weather was mostly gray, foggy and rainy.  The rain had turned to snow as Jan dropped me off at the airport.  I got a quick video of the snow for Brady.  Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment